Software Development Engineer - SCOT
- Bellevue, WA
The Inventory Planning and Control (IPC) team owns Amazon's global inventory planning systems. We build the systems that decide what, when, where, and how much we should buy to meet Amazon's business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. IPC fosters new game-changing ideas, continuously improves, resulting in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we're simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon.
We are looking for senior developers/architect to design/build scalable, distributed computing solutions. You will be partnering with data science, product managers and software engineers to solve complex problems and building innovative solutions to drive $100B inventory buying decisions. You will be responsible for driving the team's technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture. Candidate needs to have a high sense of ownership, ability to develop end to end solutions and improve customer experience. This role would expose you to solving problems of scale in the areas of data mining, machine learning algorithms and distributed systems of cloud-scale.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support
• Deep technical expertise and hands-on architectural understanding of cloud-scale distributed and service-oriented architectures.
• Has delivered large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
• Solid programming skills in and a deep understanding of object oriented design.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Master's degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
• Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
• A deep understanding of software development life cycle and a good track record of shipping software on time
• Have had impact and influence across multiple teams
• Expertise with data science, machine learning algorithms, natural language processing, computer vision.
• Experience designing and implementing information retrieval and web mining systems.
- Experience with MapReduce, Spark, Hive and .
• Advanced knowledge of data structures and at ease in optimizing algorithms.
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting on Perl//.
Back to top