Software Development Engineer - Romania
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, Customers are our highest priority and understanding their behavior is key to our business. We own a set of services that are the gateway to customer behavior data in Amazon, receiving and transforming customer events in real time. Our systems scale to handle double the traffic year-over-year, and must be able to adjust to ever-changing content and behavior. Several hundred teams at Amazon make use of the data we collect from web servers, services, browsers, and devices to make critical business decisions.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer willing to grow while helping take our services to the next level. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. You should be customer-centric, have a passion for building quality software and enjoy working on a large and complex system software. A commitment to team work and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential. You will work closely with partner teams who consume customer behavior data.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, , or Perl.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or systems, with a service based approach
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Ability to quickly grasp technologies and technical challenges
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
Back to top