Software Development Engineer, Robotics -- Cambridge UK
- London, United Kingdom
Our Amazon Robotics Scout team based in Cambridge UK, is growing! Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced,
highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices
created by Amazon engineers, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along at a walking pace.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to delight customers.
To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our
Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As a Software Development Engineer, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions.
We need versatile, curious, and motivated engineers to help define the way we design and build our core software components and features in a start-up environment. You will develop and optimize cutting edge system software which will enable our devices to operate in the real world. You will develop the core systems that integrate our computer vision, autonomy and embedded software. You will leverage your experience and understanding of operating system internals and middleware to define the next generation of middleware and connectivity in Scout.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Fluent in C, C++, and/or Python
• In-depth knowledge of CS fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Strong understanding of Operating System internals and scheduling techniques
• Experience developing high performance software on Real Time Operating Systems
• Role is based in our Cambridge UK office
• Master's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
• Experience with Linux application development
• Experience with Linux Kernel development
• Experience working with ROS, NIST NML, JAUS (SAE AS-4) or other robotic standards.
• Experience with cross-platform mobile application design
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top