Ring is looking for a Linux/C++ Software Engineer to join our application team focusing on the Ring Alarm product. As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with cross-disciplinary teams to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Our engineering team is full stack in the truest sense of the term, from web and mobile applications all the way down to firmware and electrical engineering. Your ownership can span across the application, device framework, connectivity stack and drivers.
In this role, you will:
• Work with product management and cross-functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
• Implement features using C++, Golang, and Java.
• Implement solutions in a Linux Environment.
• Implement connectivity between our consumer devices and our micros services-based cloud environment.
• Work with teams to improve and tailor existing stack and applications to meet our needs.
• Work with the hardware team to integrate devices and ensure correct excision of hardware and firmware.
• Provide technical support for critical issues as reported by QA and customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of experience with C++ and/or Go Programming.
• 3+ years of experience developing in a Linux environment.
• 3+ years of experience building production applications at scale (think millions of requests per day).
• 3+ years of experience working in an agile software development environment.
• Deep understanding of agile principles and exposure to various process implementations.
• Experience with Z-Wave and/or Zigbee protocol.
• Experience with Docker in a production environment.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
• Experience with C++11.
• Passionate about gadgets, IoT, and smart devices.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance.
• Appreciation and attention to detail for UI related tasks for iPhone and iPad.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.