This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate's advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Amazon Prime is an integral part of Amazon, providing customers unlimited free two-day shipping on more than 50 million items as well as streaming of Prime Video, Prime Music and Prime Reading, early access to select lightning deals and so much more. Amazon Prime is a key driver of Amazon's growth. Customers love Amazon Prime... and you will love working on it.
The Amazon Prime team works on highly complex initiatives, partnering with teams across Amazon to innovate around shopping experience, content delivery and member benefits. We build and manage the programs and systems that deliver customer happiness at massive scale. Our teams of business and technology professionals are relentlessly customer obsessive, and dedicated to imaging a bold future of eCommerce.
If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Must be unemployed for 1+ years
• Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program
• Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 7+ years of industry experience
• Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services
• Expert knowledge of Java
• AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 58.75/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Jobs based in Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobs based in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.