The AWS Certificate Manager (ACM) team is in need of engineers who want to change the way developers across the world think of TLS/SSL certificates. ACM is used by hundreds of thousands of customers across AWS. You will work with AWS customers and internal developers on projects critical to the security of communications and identity on the internet. You will get the opportunity to change the way systems interact with certificates, turning a traditionally painful interaction to a painless and automated experience. With your help, we will turn certificate expiration and unencrypted connections into a thing of the past.
We value individuals who don't accept the status quo. We value those who push leadership and their peers to do the right things for the right reasons. Ideas don't come from the top, but as a collaboration across all levels. We succeed by enabling and encouraging ideas from all the voices in the room.
You'll have the freedom to choose from a wide range of technologies to solve complex problems. You will learn how to apply world-class distributed computing practices and deployment safety standards in the world of interconnected, managed, cloud-based services.
ACM is part of the larger AWS Cryptography organization. AWS Crypto is a diverse mix of smart, hardworking, and amusing people who build customer-facing products, encryption libraries, and perform research into the future of cryptographic standards. If you love cryptography and security software, there isn't a better place to be. If you don't know anything about security, you'll learn about it in a supportive and passionate environment.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 2+ years of software development experience with large-scale Internet facing systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience writing software in at least one modern programming language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience with agile software development methodoligies.
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
- Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
- Experience working with cryptographic systems such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or key management systems such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.