Are you excited about cloud computing and exabytes of data? Are you passionate about delivering high quality services that impact hundreds of thousands of users? Amazon Redshift is the leading cloud data warehouse and one of the largest distributed systems in the world. We are building the next generation of data warehousing and looking for engineers to help shape the future of Redshift. As a Redshift Software Development Engineer, you will build systems that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters across the world. You will own code end-to-end from design, development, deployment, monitoring, and operations. You will also mentor junior engineers and help develop a high performing team.
Our team focuses on providing customers the best performance, highest scale, and best efficiency. We build and implement Auto Remediation, Auto Tuning, and Auto Root Cause systems which continuously improve the usability and performance of Redshift. You will have a tremendous opportunity to touch every layer of the Redshift database core engine as well as tackling large scale and distributed system problems on a daily basis, Check out https://aws.amazon.com/redshift/whats-new/ to see some of our recently launched projects.
Creating reliable, scalable, and flexible distributed services requires exceptional technical expertise, fundamental Computer Science skills, and practical experience building large-scale systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex software, is customer-focused, and is passionate about delivering high quality software. Come join us and solve challenging problems in a fast-growing team with boundless opportunities.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of proven track record in leading and owning complex projects from scoping requirements through launch and operations.
• Strong knowledge of OOD / OOP software engineering practices/standards.
• Produce high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software.
• Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Experience in communicating with peers, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs.
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
• Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and programming languages.
• Familiar with scripting languages such as Shell Scripting, Bash, Python or other.
• Understanding of system (Linux & Unix) and application performance and scaling characteristics.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent