Are you interested in building products used by millions of people?
Amazon's mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company, delivering anything people want to buy at unprecedented speeds. To that end, the Tracking team aims to delight customers with engaging package tracking experiences. We thrive on innovating and revolutionizing those experiences, making package deliveries more transparent, convenient, and exciting for our customers.
If you come join us on our mission, you will be a part of a diverse, talented, and fun-loving engineering team that obsesses over customer package tracking, narrowing predicted delivery windows and transparently communicating package history and status in countless delivery scenarios and locations. You will design and build innovative systems that propagate accurate and consistent tracking data across some of Amazon's most visited pages, with complexity and scale that never stops growing.
We are excited to bring aboard a talented Software Engineer, eager to accept the challenge of building an unparalleled tracking experience. Come join us as we innovate how to answer Amazon customers' most commonly asked question... "Where's my package?"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices
• Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
• Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, sorting/searching algorithms, and order analysis
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.