Software Development Engineer - RDS Platform
- Redmond, WA
Are you interested in being a founding engineer on a v1 service that will have positive impact across multiple AWS services and provide significant value back to customers? If so, this may be the role for you.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated engineer to help us reinvent the customer experience with databases. You will build a brand-new service that will drive substantial improvements in how AWS operates managed database services in the cloud. In doing so, you will face tough engineering challenges with distributed systems at massive scale and have the opportunity to collaborate and learn from some of the top engineers across AWS.
You will also participate in product direction, roadmap planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge database services. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise and the ability to work in a fast-paced startup culture to deliver solid code that will have broad business impact.
This is a rare chance for you to be a part of a highly visible team building a service from the ground up that will deliver transformative solutions to customers and chart the course for other AWS services to follow.
To learn more about Amazon RDS visit:
If you would like to learn more, contact email@example.com
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years of experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support
- Very strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C, C++, C#)
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software on time
- Possesses strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Hands-on knowledge of the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed databases and/or storage systems
• Knowledge of OS or database internals
• Experience working with cloud services or operating large scale systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top