Software Development Engineer - Product Knowledge Classification
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) builds the systems that host and run the world's largest e-Commerce products catalog. Within this organization the Product Knowledge Classification team is seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer for designing and implement solutions for classifying all products into the Catalog. The problem space consists on developing systems capable of identifying what a product is, mining product information to determine how a product across its different functions should be classified for browsing and searching purposes at high precision, scaling across marketplaces and languages.
You will build distributed systems that are partially or entirely powered by AI and ML. The systems are responsible for handling continuous incoming traffic of products entering the catalog, classifying them using an ensemble of ML models and techniques, building applications for analyzing product composition, mining product signals such as images, text and unstructured data to drive true understanding of product knowledge. As an engineer you will work to build solutions to real world problems, partnering closely with Scientists working in cutting edge machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision and artificial intelligence. The ideal candidate has worked on systems productionizing ML-based systems in one or several of the following fields: Web search, Deep Neural Networks, Classification Systems, Clustering, Natural Language Processing, Personalization, Artificial Intelligence. A successful candidate will have an established background in building innovative systems from inception to production, scaling systems with large data sets, developing customer-facing experiences, and making data-driven decisions.
We are seeking an outstanding Software Engineer to help us build a cutting edge suite of services, that impact systems across the Amazon catalog. Our customers span all Amazon retail businesses, Search, Personalization and services that rely on Product Knowledge information's precision. Ultimately our work ensures that customers browsing or searching always find the right products in the right destinations for navigation and discovery purposes in the Amazon retail website.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or 6+ additional years work experience)
• Strong skills in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design
• Proven track record of delivering high quality production systems/services and inventing solutions to solve complex challenges
• Master's degree in Computer Science or PhD preferred in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related discipline
• 5+ years relevant professional development experience, preferably in a UNIX environment
• Deep understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures; delivered large scale commercial enterprise software systems or online services
• 2+ years of experience with big data processing technologies like Hadoop, Spark, EMR (Amazon Elastic Map Reduce), Data Warehousing systems, Cloud Computing and AWS technologies
• Knowledge in Machine Learning, natural language processing, data mining, or information extraction
• Expertise in software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to communicate effectively with users, technical teams, and management
• Experience in delivering systems at scale similar to Amazon
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top