Software Development Engineer - Prime Video Voice
- Seattle, WA
Join a new team building delightful voice experiences for Prime Video.
Prime Video is changing the way customers watch TV and movies. With Prime Video, customers have instant access to a massive library of popular content across hundreds of devices, including smart TVs, game consoles, mobile devices, browsers, and streaming media players like Fire TV and Apple TV. Prime customers can watch thousands of titles included with Prime; customers can also subscribe to popular channels like HBO and Starz as well as buy/rent thousands of new release videos. We recently launched Prime Video in over 250 countries and territories worldwide.
We are building voice experiences that make it fun and easy for customers to interact with Prime Video. With voice, we can make it nearly effortless to find a video, browse for content, get recommendations, and control the playback experience. We believe that voice has the potential to fundamentally change the way customers interact with our service by eliminating friction and enabling delightful and intuitive features that are only possible with voice.
We own the Prime Video experience on Alexa-enabled devices like the Echo Show and Echo Spot, as well as the Prime Video voice experience on other devices like TVs, tablets, and game consoles. We work closely with teams across Prime Video and Alexa to invent and launch innovative new features and experiences
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about video and voice and are excited about joining a new team in a fast-moving space.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top