Software Development Engineer- Prime Video Voice
- Herndon, VA
Join a new team building delightful voice experiences for Prime Video
Prime Video is changing the way customers watch TV and movies. With Prime Video, customers have instant access to a massive library of popular content across hundreds of devices, including smart TVs, game consoles, mobile devices, browsers, and streaming media players like Fire TV and Apple TV. Prime customers can watch thousands of titles included with Prime; customers can also subscribe to popular channels like HBO and Starz as well as buy/rent thousands of new release videos. We recently launched Prime Video in over 250 countries and territories worldwide.
The voice team is a brand new team in Prime Video. We are building voice experiences that make it fun and easy for customers to interact with Prime Video. With voice, we can make it nearly effortless to find a video, browse for content, get recommendations, and control the playback experience. We believe that voice has the potential to fundamentally change the way customers interact with our service by eliminating friction and enabling delightful and intuitive features that are only possible with voice.
We own the Prime Video experience on Alexa-enabled devices like the Echo Show and Echo Spot, as well as the Prime Video voice experience on other devices like TVs, tablets, and game consoles. We work closely with teams across Prime Video and Alexa to invent and launch innovative new features and experiences
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about video and voice and are excited about joining a new team in a fast-moving space.
As a Software Development Engineer you will:
• Design and deliver exciting new voice features for Prime Video
• Mentor and assist in the career development of junior engineers
• Assist with recruiting and hiring
• Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
• Influence the technical direction for the team
• Build the team into an engineering center of excellence
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with Java
• Experience with Android
• Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong system design and architecture experience
• Experience with voice and speech recognition technologies
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top