Software Development Engineer - Prime Video
- Santa Monica, CA
Would you like to build cutting edge software and make a big customer impact by helping Prime Video continue to scale globally?
We are looking for experienced engineers to help us create dynamic technology solutions to deliver the latest blockbuster movies and cutting edge TV shows to millions of users around the world. Our team develops modern, robust, scalable software so that top Hollywood movie studios and film producers can deliver, publish, distribute, and get paid for their streams - now in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
At Prime Video, we ship large-scale, high-throughput, customer-facing products and services; build cutting-edge experiences for smart phones, tablets, game consoles, and smart TVs; craft personalization algorithms to present the right videos to the right customer at the right time; and develop systems for large-scale video encoding and delivery. Every day we embrace the challenges of a fast-paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of content and pushing the envelope of streaming video quality.
For this position, you should have a strong background in object-oriented programming and design using Java, C++, or C#. Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SNS, and SQS is also desired (but not required).
In addition, you are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don't shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing a top notch consumer web application and user experience.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience implementing and operating large-scale web services
• Experience with high-throughput, mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Expert Java or C++ programmer
• Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++
• Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
• Expert working knowledge of design patterns and proven system design skills
• Strong working knowledge of operating system fundamentals
• Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Proven ability to mentor other software developers and to improve development best practices
• Relentless customer focus
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Back to top