Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award-winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO and Showtime, and live events like Thursday Night Football and Major League Baseball. We are a premier provider of digital entertainment worldwide and we continue to grow very quickly! We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
The Video Compliance and Classification team is looking for experienced and energetic engineers to help build our content moderation platform. Our team is responsible for ensuring that all Prime Video content meets the high bar our customers have come to expect, and our classification systems continue to raise the bar by making it easier for customers to find more of the movies and shows they love. Our platform processes thousands of videos every day, and we need your help to stay ahead of the curve!
As a member of Prime Video, you will play a key role in designing and building a scalable infrastructure that leverages the latest advancements in machine learning, computer vision, and our own secret sauce. You will be both a builder and a technical leader on our exciting new team, and will have the opportunity to truly innovate on behalf of the millions of Prime Video customers around the world.
If you're looking to make a lasting impact on the future of how customers experience Prime Video, we'd love to talk to you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ years of product development experience in consumer-focused companies
• Working knowledge of databases, service-oriented architectures, highly-scaled distributed systems, and machine learning
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.