Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smartphones, and smart TVs. We operate in the US, Japan, UK, Germany, and hundreds of other countries, and we aspire to grow -- a lot.
Have you ever wondering how your favorite TV Show, Movie, or even live sporting event makes its way on to your television, phone, or computer? Why not pull back the curtain and not only see how it happens but also become a part of the process. If you join our team within Amazon Prime Video you will be building the tooling that gives visibility to every stage of this process. Our team is called Operator Pipeline Tracking and Intelligent Command or Optic for short. We build the internal websites and backend tooling that allows Amazon to see the status of thousands of titles from the moment they arrive, right up until it they are ready to be seen by millions of customers. We are working on exciting projects that range from the web tooling that allows our operators to action the catalog to intelligent automation of the publishing process. Working on our team will enable you to see how every part of the catalog works from the first time the latest blockbuster movie touches our catalog to making sure that it is available in countries around the world.
If so, we are looking for talented software development engineers who can contribute to our world-class engineering culture. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to impact millions of customers positively, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. We don't just build great software at Amazon, we also build an excellent environment for engineers. This is the place to grow your career. From small software development tasks to Prime Video wide design initiatives, we have it all. And it all comes with a manager who's top priority is to help you grow your career and advance.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great digital media experiences to our customers, particularly those who want to grow within a world-class engineering team.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- At least three year of experience writing production code to solve complex problems
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Working knowledge of databases, service-oriented architectures, and highly scalable distributed systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Relentless customer focus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.