Software Development Engineer - Prime Video
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO and Showtime, and live events like Thursday Night Football. Making great content available to customers, with high availability is just one part of the puzzle. Experimenting with different ways of making this content available to customers is equally important.
Linear (24/7 Television or broadcast programming) is one of the key options for Prime Video customers. Although video on demand is on the rise, the global viewing hours weighs in favor of live or scheduled TV and OTT linear streaming is predicted to grow by 64% in next two years. We in Prime Video Catalog are building next gen linear catalog systems to provide best-in-class Linear TV experience to Prime Video customers. It is Day 1 for the linear TV experience on Prime Video.
This is your opportunity to take an active role in shaping the future of digital video by defining the next generation of what Amazon customers are watching. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
We are looking for developers who are passionate about delivering excellent, digital media experiences to our customers. It is an opportunity to work with Principal and senior engineers to build high-speed data delivery systems, and creating simple solutions for the complex media ingestion and publishing processes.
Successful candidates for this position will have a strong background in C++/Java, Python and/or SQL while experience with ElasticSearch, AWS services including Dynamo, SQS, Athena will help you contribute quickly. Equally important to these specific skills are a candidate's ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Expert Java or C++ coder
• Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
• Expert working knowledge of design patterns
• Proven system design skills
• Strong working knowledge of operating system fundamentals
• Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Relentless customer focus
• Excellent analytical skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Back to top