Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we aspire to grow a lot.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Engineer. You will be responsible for building multi-tenant media processing and publishing systems using native AWS which serve millions of customers per day, with obsessively high reliability, and low operational overhead.
You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. This is a strategic role to shape and deliver a technical strategy for improving the Prime Video customer experience and creating visibility into the end-to-end delivery of content. Our team is the engine that powers the delivery of content to customers and we need an experienced program manager to ensure our success.
About the hiring group
Digital Media Engineering owns video delivery for the entire video supply chain of Prime Video. We enable the video catalog by producing, enhancing, and analyzing millions of video assets every day. We use a combination of algorithms, heuristics and machine learning techniques to puzzle out interesting insights and build the world's best video catalog.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years of full life cycle software development experience in Agile environments using Java, C++ or C# for large scale and complex systems
• Strong working knowledge of designing, developing and maintaining highly-scaled distributed systems
• AWS Technology familiarity
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Solid experience with high throughput cloud systems
• Strong working knowledge implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.