Imagine being a part of an agile and autonomous team where your ideas and contributions impact millions of customers in key global marketplaces!
Amazon's Prime Video (PV) is changing the way millions of customers consume and interact with video worldwide. Prime Video enables the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or a living room device. We are disrupting the entertainment industry by delivering Millions of titles across 240 territories, with hundreds of languages, all delivered at Amazon-scale and consistent reliability to delight our customers.
You'll be joining the newly created cross-benefit discovery team whose mission is to build and deliver scalable customer experiences that enable Prime Video streamers to discover the full breadth of their Prime benefits. Because we know that distraction-free video watching is so important, we are focusing on creating new, device-specific experiences that seamlessly expose the value of Amazon Prime to our customers. If you are interested in shaping the future of Prime Video on mobile devices, in the living room, and on the web, this new role offers great opportunities to shape the design and engineering decisions for many future experiences.
We care about your career growth, and once you join our team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan, and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to reach your goals. Whether you want to explore new technologies, take on bigger challenges, work in another Amazon team, or be promoted to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our people will grow with it. We experiment a lot. Providing the highest quality entertainment experience for our customers and helping other teams throughout Prime Video experiment and automate is our mission and passion.
To be a successful candidate, you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you don't rest until the customer is happy. You need a solid technical background, are detail-driven, and have excellent problem-solving and communication skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, your fellow team members, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with brilliant people. You need a solid understanding of software fundamentals. You will contribute to developing the customer experience and architecture and help drive the roadmap for new features inside the Prime Video apps and website used daily by millions of customers worldwide.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience with Android OR iOS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including OOA&D, coding standards, frameworks, design patterns, source control management, build processes, automated testing, and operations support
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, solve problems, and establish technical designs
• Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets, and optimizing apps for performance
• Experience working on both frontend and backend systems, with an emphasis on launching mobile app features, scaling to very large user bases
• React/JS, Swift, Angular, React Native and similar frameworks are plus
• Experience with diverse set of devices is a plus
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .