Software Development Engineer - Prime Video
- Sunnyvale, CA
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs.
In Prime Video Catalog we are focused on delivering world's largest selection in the best form to our customers. On this team, you will be owning prime video's top priority initiative of 2020. In this role, you will be engineering the next generation of world class catalog distribution systems that are responsible for constructing movies, series, seasons, and episodes into playable content that is available to millions of customers across our ecosystem of client devices. You are responsible for building platform and systems to eliminate video duplicates and enabling Single video detail page experience regardless of offers or channels for the Video Titles. The systems you will design and build are high performance distributed systems capable of enabling the growth of Prime Video global business. Innovation is key on this team and we are looking for technically savvy individuals with the ability to think big & deliver simple solutions to complex problems.
We are looking for talented software development engineers who can contribute to our world-class engineering culture. We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. Domain-specific skills in video can be learned on the job. At Amazon, every employee has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Our team works end-to-end through the Video platform, and our team members have direct ownership of the customer experience.
We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of video and pushing the envelope for streaming quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great digital media experiences to our customers, particularly those who want to grow within a world-class engineering team.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 2+ years technical experience as software developer, or related role
• Working Knowledge of design patterns
• Experience with Java, C#, C++, or any major OO language
• Working knowledge of databases, service-oriented architectures, and highly-scaled distributed systems
• Working knowledge of design patterns
• Experience with video, audio, and image pre-processing, encoding, and/or packaging
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput cloud systems
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top