Software Development Engineer, Prime Now
Amazon Prime Now is now hiring software developers in San Diego! Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join a highly innovative team that is building brand new, mission critical software for millions of Amazon customers.
As a developer on the team, you'll drive improvements to our technology, collaborating with sharp engineers and highly-engaged users to ship code continuously. We have many domains ranging from highly-scalable transactional backend systems, to complex optimization problems, to customer-facing mobile apps, so if you love building world-class software, most likely we have a place for you.
We're truly an Agile shop: we work closely with users, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed, and are aggressive about test coverage, refactoring, and paying off technical debt. We use a broad array of technologies (from Swift to Scala, from NoSQL to JAX-RS) picking the right tool for the job at hand.
We're looking for software development leaders who share our passion for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems, algorithms, and HCI, and who love writing great code. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, C#, etc.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience using AWS technology or equivalent
- Experience building scalable, available, and low-latency systems
- Experience with machine learning and feedback loops
- Experience using functional programming languages
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top