Software Development Engineer- Prime: Content Experimentation & Optimization
- Seattle, WA
GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 100 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items.
If you want to work on one of Amazon's most impactful programs and are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team is interested in hearing from you.
The Prime Auto-Targeting team empowers marketing organizations to drive customer behaviors toward business goals via content that resonates with each customer. We achieve this by developing content experimentation and optimization solutions based on machine learning and statistical analysis. Although our customers are primarily current and future Prime members, we design solutions with the flexibility and scalability to support programs across Amazon.
Our team of engineers and ML scientists seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the team, you will work closely with the business team and scientists to design and implement new features driven by machine learning models and algorithms. You will design, implement, and deliver highly available, highly scalable machine learning capabilities using a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Python, Linux, and EMR to name a few.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Exposure to machine learning
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#
• Industry experience building machine learning systems at scale
• Experience with distributed computing including tools such as EMR, Hadoop, Spark
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building complex and large scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top