Software Development Engineer, Pets
- Seattle, WA
In the US 65% of households (or 79.7 millions homes) own a pet. 60% of these pet owners consider their pets to be family members. We are the Pets Tech Team - a group of engineers, product managers and designers focused on helping pet owners discover and purchase the right products for their pets. Our customers care for their pets, and Amazon cares too. The business is growing fast, and most important the team is building features that impact hundreds of millions of customers!
THE CHALLENGES WE WILL TACKLE
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs, address the problems they meet and innovate on new technologies. Our team will tackle some tough problems such as:
Simplify the process of choosing the right products for your pet. Automate all recurring purchases.
Personalize customers' search and shopping experiences to help them find useful products for their pets. These preferences will be automatically inferred or directly declared by our customers.
Make Amazon a trusted resource for all the pets products.
Enable users to create pet profiles and manage the purchases they decide for their pet.
Provide expert advice and information to help guide our customers in their decision making process.
THE TECHNOLOGY & WORK
In order to achieve our vision, we think big in tackling user experience and technology problems. We build engaging experiences and use the latest technologies (such as big data, machine learning, etc.) to solve our customer's problems:
Amazon scale systems. All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving hundreds of millions of customers with millisecond level latencies.
Big data & analytics. Amazon is data driven and a strong data backbone is necessary in our systems. We build upon core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc. If you are interested in learning or gaining expertise, join us.
Personalization and machine learning. All technologies will be used in experiences adapted to what customers need, want or prefer. We will be working with advanced machine learning technologies to tackle these problems.
* User interface & web development. We will create beautiful and dynamic front-end experiences that require deep knowledge of relevant technologies such as AngularJS, JQuery, Horizonte, AUI, etc.
OUR CULTURE AND YOU
We are a tightly knit group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing team and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation and have bias for action. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
A Bachelor's degree with a CS Major, or a technical major with a CS Minor.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development with Front-end development emphasis.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience with AWS services such as EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Back to top