Software Development Engineer, Personalization
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in creating new services that make shopping simple and delightful for millions of Amazon customers worldwide? We are looking for an engineer who has a passion for bold new ideas and wants to have a meaningful impact on Amazon's customers. Be a part of the team that ensures that everything that you see when you land on Amazon to complete your journey is relevant to you. You will think big and have the freedom to innovate on game-changing ideas. You will have a large playground to see how customers vote with their wallet on your work by experimenting on prominent pages like Amazon's landing page, Item page, and more.
More about our team:
We build services that touch every part of customers' experience on Amazon and make it relevant. We directly own the customer experience of product recommendations on Amazon. This means that our team can decide where we can have the most impact and get down to experimenting. Engineers on this team work on bold bets, have high impact on customers and build reusable solutions that allow 50+ teams Amazon to innovate. Engineers in this team are recognized for their thought leadership in the company.
We solve big problems. We strive for operational efficiency and work-life balance. We have low operations ( less than 2 pages / week).
We respect diverse perspectives. We have a good learning environment where we learn from each other, our partner teams, customer feedback and work directly with multiple Principal Engineers on an ongoing basis.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
• Experience developing distributed software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale customer facing systems.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software development practices and design reviews.
• Experience with operation of production systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top