AWS customers trust that our services will continuously lead the industry in terms of performance and value. The AWS Benchmarking team is focused on that mission. We deliver competitive insights directly to CEO/SVP-level executives and principal/distinguished engineers to help AWS deliver the best cloud services, bar none.
Our team benchmarks the performance of a wide range of AWS services. If a service touches compute, networking, storage, databases, ML, accelerators, or just about anything else, we'll benchmark it.
You will build new benchmarking services on top of AWS, using the exact same technologies that our customers use. You will collaborate with high level engineers at the forefront of cloud computing, often before they launch their products; interact with the performance teams of some of our largest customers; develop a broad understanding of the market; and interact directly with senior leadership.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Job location is Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance available
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• 3 + years of professional experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Object-oriented languages just as Java, C#, or Python
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, C#•
• Solid OS fundamentals
• Experience with performance tools (eg: linux perf)
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
• Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Perl)
• Some front-end development experience
• Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us "