Software Development Engineer, Payment Acceptance & Experience
The Amazon Consumer Payments organization has several positions available for creative and independent engineers with a passion for scalable, high-performance services to define and build Amazon's Payments Acceptance & Experience systems and launch new payment methods across Amazon's global portfolio. You will use your experience to drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions to provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
As a member of the Amazon Payment Acceptance and Experience team, you will invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a massively scalable, rock-solid platform solution using object-oriented Java on various UNIX-flavored platforms. We are a fast-paced environment, using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
- BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Demonstrated the ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of project
- Demonstrated the ability to develop business-critical software using modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java.
- MS or PhD is computer science or equivalent preferred
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top