The Outbound Communication Services (OCS) team owns foundational systems that power all of Amazon's customer-facing communication on Email, SMS, Push channels, and other emerging messaging applications. In 2019, we sent over 135 billion messages to our global customers on these channels!
Outbound Delivery Endpoints in Automated Advertising is looking for Software Development Engineer to work on system responsible for any direct communication to end customers for amazon and its subsidiaries. Direct communication can be sent through any medium such as email, push notification, sms, as well as other means like Line, WeChat, Amazon Assistant and include order specific notifications such as order confirmation, shipment tracking and delivery confirmation as well as marketing emails such as new product releases that the customer may benefit from, campaign such as view follow up emails, recommendations based on user's behavior and abandoned cart emails urging the user to complete the purchase.
Our mission is to ensure a previously selected message for a customer gets delivered timely and any customer feedback makes its way successfully and in near-real time. This empowers our customers to feel about a notification from amazon as they feel to see an amazon box on their doorstep.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
Every employee is paired with a peer buddy who will help you to quickly come up to speed in understanding the technology we're building, the tools we use and the business problems we're trying to solve. We hire exceptional people and we recognize the importance of coaching others. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, and job level. On our internal "Broadcast" video streaming website, you'll find countless presentations by some of the brightest minds in computing discussing solutions to many of the exciting problems we're solving in AWS today with new live-streaming videos added every week.
Our ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity, builds collaborative relationships, moves fast, and is passionate about meaningful work. They will have the technical skills to design and build complex distributed systems that runs at Amazon scale. They prefer working on small, focused teams, own their product, and love to pitch in anywhere to get the job done. They lead by example and the team naturally gravitates toward them because of their engineering expertise and decision-making ability. They can communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences and are comfortable pitching new ideas.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecture, OO design)
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields.
• Experience with large scale, distributed, fault tolerant systems.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets.
• Ability to drive consensus within a team and influence outcomes in significant technical decision-making.
• Experience interviewing and evaluating potential software engineer new hires
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.