Software Development Engineer, Onsite Publishing
- Seattle, WA
The Onsite Publishing Team is transforming Amazon.com by helping customers discover and research what they want to purchase. This leads customers to make the best buying decisions by bringing third party content into Amazon.
We are a cross-functional team of engineers, scientists, product managers, and business managers with a vision to increase convenience for customers by making Amazon a one-stop-shop for product research and discoverythrough sourcing, integrating, valuing, and incentivizing third-party content on Amazon.
Onsite publishing sources high-quality content from third-party publishers and influencers at scale (e.g. Wirecutter, Consumer Reports or Digital Trends), vends it across Amazon (e.g. Search, Detail Page, other), and monitors content performance. We believe that providing relevant, quality content across Amazon will increase long-term customer engagement along with product discovery and research.
This is a technically challenging problem spanning domains including: ingesting content at Amazon scale from across the web, automated moderation and classification of content, content to query mapping, content relevance and targeting, content valuation.
You have a passion to create engaging and high-quality consumer experiences and products. You are preferably a full-stack developer with strong track record of building back-end services and some front-end experiences. You have excellent project management skills, are a great communicator and are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced, and at times ambiguous, environment.
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers.
Join us in making an impact!
Key Highlights of this position:
Opportunity to work on new business initiatives and build products from the ground up.
Opportunity to work in an environment with minimal operations load.
Opportunity to work in an environment of innovation and experimentation using new technologies and services.
Opportunity to explore and work on a variety of AWS services
Close partnership with Applied Scientists building ML solutions.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Knowledge of Machine Learning models and concepts.
• Experience with technologies like dynamoDB, Redshift, Scala, Swift.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through the production launch and beyond
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Experience with scalable web applications and distributed services development is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• You build the right product for your customers and take pride on delivering.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top