Non-Prime Delivery Experience(NPDX) owns systems that power retail delivery (both customer-facing and back-end), leveraging company-wide technology solutions or designing them from the ground up for customers who do not have a prime membership.
As an experienced Software Development Engineer for NPDX, you will be responsible for building new services and platform features that power the checkout delivery experience keeping pace with Amazon's rapidly expanding delivery capabilities. To succeed, the skill to build highly scalable, fault-tolerant systems that can withstand millions of operations per day will not be enough. You will be responsible for projects that require enhancements to multiple systems, including many outside your team's ownership. You'll need a proven ability to architect elegant solutions to new challenges spanning multiple systems, and to effectively communicate your technical vision with others. You will be working with multiple teams across the company in many different areas, so effective collaboration skills are a must. So, if you're creative, talented, with a strong sense of ownership, and enjoy solving complex challenges in a fast-paced environment that have a huge impact on all of Amazon's customers, we have definitely got the role for you!
Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Java, C#, C++, or distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, productive software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .