Software Development Engineer - new video services
We are inventing new media and advertising experiences centered around high quality, responsive and engaging videos. We are looking for highly skilled and creative software development engineers to help define and implement video management services that will be part of the underlying infrastructure that will allow us to deliver these innovative and high-quality experiences to our customers.
We believe strongly in experimentation, iterating quickly and getting feedback from our customers. The solutions you create need to ensure that the infrastructure facilitates and encourages this experimentation while being able to scale to the level needed at Amazon. You will have the freedom, support, and encouragement to think big and invent on behalf of our customers.
What you will work on:
You will work with a team of talented and experienced engineers and designers to help bring new products to market and ensure that both groups of core customers (Amazon shoppers and advertisers) are delighted by what we create. This is a greenfield project where you get to help define the architecture and implement services and automation for video recommendations and personalization, video transcoding, content delivery, asset management and self-service platforms.
We're crafting something new and exciting that has never been done before at Amazon and the services you build will become the fundamental underpinnings.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for creative, customer and details obsessed Software Development Engineers with a solid background building and operating highly scalable services. In addition to being technically deep you need to have exceptional product ownership and the ability to own a project from inception through to deployment and operations. You will need the ability to have a long term technical vision, while also integrating feedback from customers and taking into consideration the long-term impact of any decisions. We need someone who loves learning and wants to work with an experienced team in a quick moving, iterative and highly collaborative environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience building successful production software systems
- 3+ years software development experience building web-services and coding in Java or related technologies
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Experience in developing customer-facing application in either web or mobile
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building recommendation systems
- Experience with online video
- Experience video advertising
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical design
- Experience influencing software engineering approaches and culture within your team
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers
- Experience creating highly scalable systems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top