Software Development Engineer - NEW Team in AWS Accounts!
- London, United Kingdom
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
The journey of all AWS customers begins with an account... but there's so much more that happens! The AWS Account teams are redefining how we serve our global customer needs. Be part of the founding team that is on a mission to evolve the core notion of an AWS Account.
You will move quickly to make customer's life easier by building new systems and by improving existing systems. You will help design, build and launch new external APIs that perform at the global scale for AWS customers. Utilize your experience and knowledge of distributed high performing systems, algorithms and data structures.
• Design, develop, implement and support internal/external APIs using current and emerging standards and technologies
• Set and expect high standards for solution designs and code reviews, to make sure the software is tuned for performance. Own the quality of delivered components
• Demonstrate leadership to resolve architecture and data challenges
• Support other senior SDEs as you continue to grow and develop
• Partner with geographically distributed teams to deliver results
• Mentor high performing junior engineers
• Work with teams across AWS to build integrate solutions
• You will have opportunities to work with principal engineers to build the highly available distributed systems. As the AWS account effects many internal services, you'll work independently, with and across teams.
Have an opportunity to be a member of a brand-new team! The greater team is a diverse, smart, and hardworking team. Among many things, we're parents, musicians, and athletes who also enjoy time outside of the office. We've worked hard to create a trusting, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere. We're looking for engineers to grow a positive, enthusiastic, and driven environment.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Proven ability to design and implement complex software systems
• A track record of building complex, reliable, and scalable software in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Experience with iterative, agile development methodologies (including scrum)
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Knowledge of best practices for software development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top