Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Have you envisioned an opportunity to develop software for an advanced satellite broadband telecom service? The Kuiper SW Networking Infrastructure & Systems Team is developing an SDN based full stack (routing, forwarding, control, data and distribution planes) for an end-to-end system of satellites, interchanges, ground gateways & customer terminals.
These systems include resource management, full routing, topology management & forwarding, L2 encapsulated switching and monitoring needed to operate a highly available broadband telecom service.
• Take responsibility for designing and delivering a modern, flexible, high throughput, low latency data distribution network
• Implement custom routing and L2 control data distribution protocols and services that incorporate mission critical network security, quality of service and dynamic communications infrastructures for best-in-class network services that delight our customers.
• Develop flexible and cost-effective inter-networking solutions, like internet gatways that support connecting and peering with other public and private networks
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Experience in design, code implementation (C/C++, golang)
• Experience in L2 and L3 Ethernet switching, routing and/or transport protocols
• Experience building high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Experience in building highly available embedded designs at the forwarding and QoS/Traffic shaping level.
• Knowledge of communication infrastructure and forwarding base.
• Foundation in data structures and efficient algorithms
• Experience with network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; like, network performance analysis
• Extensive Linux system programming experience (e.g. sockets, files, shared memory) and understanding of Operating systems
• Familiarity with wireless and mobile networking
• Experience with low-level programming and embedded systems and interfaces.
• Experience with DPDK, containers and host based forwarding planes.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us