Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Have you wanted an opportunity to develop the core wireless and networking for an advanced global telecom service via both space and terrestrial networks? Project Kuiper's Software Defined Networking (SDN) team will design, implement and operate the network virtualization stack and control plane that provides a high throughput telecom service comprised of Low Earth Orbit satellites, customer terminals, gateways, Cloud services and terrestrial network infrastructure. This engineer must have deep networking and routing software development experience, including hands-on experience delivering network virtualization software and application security.
• Take responsibility for designing and delivering a modern, flexible, high throughput, low latency network virtualization architecture.
• Implement custom networking protocols, wireless technologies, network security, quality of service, communications .infrastructure and network management tools to administer best-in-class network services for delivering high throughput, low latency traffic.
• Define and automate the standard processes for design, implementation, and maintenance of network operations including incident resolution.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Location: Redmond or Bay Area
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience delivering production software.
• Experience with Unix/Linux and writing embedded code in C/ C++.
• Experience with networking and the application of Layer 3/L4 design.
• Experience in L2/3/4 technologies, virtualization, routing and transport protocols.
• Experience in building large scale, high performance, high availability systems and robust troubleshooting skills.
• Background with high availability, high performance, network design and architecture. Technologies such as MPLS, Segment Routing, Traffic Engineering and Mobility.
• Experience with modern wireless telecom architectures (SD-WAN).
• Strong understanding of AWS networking and/or dynamic networking fundamentals
• Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
• Demonstrated experience automating and managing networks
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us