Software Development Engineer, Network Security
- Minneapolis, MN
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we provide world-class, flexible, scalable, and secure cloud services to the world's fastest-growing startups, the largest enterprises, and leading government agencies. We do this by building, maintaining, and securing one of the largest, most complex networks in the world. Within AWS, the Network Security Organization Threat and Vulnerability Management (NSO-TVM) team is responsible for threat intelligence, vulnerability management, security information and event management (SIEM), and overall network security across the entire AWS global network.
The AWS NSO-TVM team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our NSO-TVM Software Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and scaling the software solutions that support our threat intelligence, vulnerability management, SIEM, and overall network security processes. In partnership with other Software Development Engineers, Security Engineers, and Technical Program Managers, you will work to raise the bar and elevate NSO-TVM's software capabilities by developing innovative solutions to complicated problems. Successful candidates will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for their work. They will be self-motivated and comfortable setting their own direction in an always-changing and highly-complex environment.
AWS leads and innovates. We don't just buy off-the-shelf software or follow others. We research and pursue the best approach for the business, whether that's building new solutions or leveraging existing ones. Amazon Web Services, and the Network Security Organization in particular, operate at massive scale and as a result, demand the highest standards, passion, and discipline for information security and software engineering. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must for this role.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Over five (5+) years of experience developing, maintaining, and scaling complex security software
• Development experience with multiple modern programming languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, C++, C#, etc.)
• Experience with security information and event management (SIEM) systems
• Experience with vulnerability management and scanning software
• A strong understanding of core internet and networking technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, load balancing, authentication mechanisms, etc.)
• Experience in automation via scripting and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
• Experience interfacing with external systems and APIs
• Experience with the AWS suite of tools and services
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organizational boundaries
• Able to operate autonomously, making the right judgment calls on approach, priorities, and solutions
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top