Software Development Engineer - Multimedia
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Using a combination of open source and proprietary technologies, we build cutting-edge devices for consumption, whether or in the home. As a strong customer advocate, you will help own technologies and quality end to end (E2E). You will work with internal and external partners to deliver the best in class devices, and will research new technologies, develop new tools and help define processes to build the media of next generation devices.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about new digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality. As a Software Engineer, you will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with application teams to delivering the core engine. You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest of quality for your deliverables.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for system architecture and development for new initiatives and feature development
• Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
• Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate applications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience architecting consumption features and integrating functionality into consumer electronics devices
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software that have been successfully delivered
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience interfacing with vendors, partners and outside contacts
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with framework. build system, and optimizations for framework.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top