Software Development Engineer, Mobile Telemetry
- Nashville, TN
Working at Amazon is working at scale. Does the idea of building solutions for fleets of devices like Linux servers, IoT sensors and industrial Android devices, in thousands of facilities around the world sound like fun to you? We are looking for talented Software Development Engineers to join us in our mission to build systems for self-healing devices and infrastructure, deployed globally across our fulfillment operations network.
In this role you'll design, build and lead delivery for telemetry gathering and reporting systems, the "black boxes" at the heart of Amazon's global delivery infrastructure. The software you build will run on millions of devices used by one million-plus Amazon associates every day, at thousands of sites around the world, supporting hundreds of teams with a stake in delivering shipments to Amazon retail customers.
This position will require specialized knowledge in developing applications for mobile devices, which is generally obtained with experience developing for Android or iOS.
Data is at the heart of everything Amazon does and this role ensure our operations support and infrastructure teams can gather insights from telemetry systems to make good decisions, all while building toward our vision of self-healing devices and networks. Over time, your work will proactively fix problems before they even reach customers, and enable us to scale our operations to reach Amazon's customers wherever they live. Our facilities stretch from the smallest last-mile delivery stations in emerging markets to one million-plus square foot robotics facilities in North America, Japan, India and the Middle East. In this role you'll ensure our teams have eyes on every facet of delivering shipments to Amazon retail customers worldwide.
You should be excited about learning every day and delighting customers by solving problems that impact order fulfillment. You are passionate about software quality, repeatability, testability and maintainability. When you need clarity, you go to the product customers, perhaps a user, and talk to them until you get it right. You understand the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in production, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding.
Our mission is to design systems and platforms that set the global standard for performance, availability, security, and cost, enabling our customer fulfillment and logistics operations to deliver customer orders on time, every time.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, C#, etc.
• Knowledge of, at least, one mobile device software development platform such as Android, iOS, etc.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience delivering mobile applications that leverage cloud-based backend services
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top