Software Development Engineer - Mobile Feature Innovation
Come join the Amazon Mobile Shopping team and define, build, and launch new, innovative mobile-app specific features to millions of customers worldwide.
The Feature Innovation team is focused on creating new experiences that re-imagine what shopping on Amazon and on a mobile phone looks like. Our team has previously built shopping features using the phone's camera for visual product recognition and the microphone for enabling Alexa in the Amazon app. We also experiment with new platforms and technologies and released the Amazon app for Apple Watch and Android Wear. As a Software Engineer on the mobile shopping team, you will be a technical leader and will build customer-facing experiences which will have a huge impact on how customers (and your friends and family) interact with Amazon.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership, strong engineering mindset, and who want to build something from the ground up. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You're up to the challenge of device and mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and other mobile development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
- Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
- Evaluate all relevant mobile development technologies including React Native, Swift, and others
- Architect new end-to-end features that bring shopping innovations to mobile
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
- Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
- Mobile development experience
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience in Java and/or Objective C
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Passion for building great mobile app experiences
- Experience developing hybrid native/HTML mobile applications
- Understanding and desire to work with React Native
- Experience developing high quality, large scale consumer applications
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top