Software Development Engineer, Mobile Experiences
- San Francisco, CA
The Amazon Mobile apps are one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our scale is billions of dollars and hundreds of millions of users. The Core Experiences (CoreX) team creates brings Amazon's vast content forward within one tap to simplify how customers shop on-the-go. Our vision is to innovate on Mobile-first features and app capabilities to make it faster and more fun for Amazon customers to shop on their mobile devices. We are responsible for building new Mobile app features for customers to navigate, discover, and engage with diverse features within the Amazon ecosystem. We seek out opportunities to innovate on customer experiences with limited screen real estate and think bigger than matching parity to Desktop or Mobile Web experiences. We are Mobile trendsetters who deliver delightful, pixel perfect experiences and as a result, focus on unique features that are adaptive to device screen size.
About the hiring team:
We created the Core Experiences (CoreX) focus within the App Experiences (AppX) team to explore new ways for Amazon customers to complete everyday shopping tasks quicker, browse more efficiently, and discover new features. Even as the 10th most-installed app, we're still learning how to make the right decisions for customers and educate them about new features. We build new iOS & Android features powering personalized hub in the Amazon Mobile Shopping app where customers can quickly access information related to their account, orders, subscriptions, or profile on Amazon. We focus on bringing content forward experience within our customers' fingertips when using the Amazon Mobile Shopping app.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
• You will architect new end-to-end customer experiences that bring shopping innovations to mobile audiences.
• You deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
• You propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
• You mentor team members to promote engineering excellence.
• You are continually "looking around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and investing wholeheartedly in building amazing mobile shopping experiences.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 5+ years in Software Development with at least 3 years developing large-scale, consumer-facing applications.
• Expert in software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus.
• Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering exceptional User Experience.
• Attested oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical partners.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Master's degree in CS.
• Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture and performance optimization and Security. Expert knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift. Experience with Xcode and other associated tools.
• Experience in working with React native applications.
• Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience building highly scalable, consumer-facing systems.
• Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
• Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you've developed!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top