Software Development Engineer - Mobile
- Irvine, CA
Do you want to own cutting-edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
Our organization is responsible for transforming the online grocery delivery and pickup experience for Amazon. Our vision is to make Amazon the primary destination to fulfill customer's food shopping needs. We are a team of passionate tech builders who work endlessly to make life better for our customers through amazing, thoughtful, and creative new grocery shopping experiences.
We're looking for talented, hands-on Mobile SDEs who enjoy working on complex programs including high scale services to spearhead Amazon's investment in the online grocery delivery and pickup business. You'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains. You'll work closely with your peers to design, plan and execute on deliverables to build fault-tolerant, highly available set of tools and services to keep the stores running efficiently. You'll dig into classic computer science problems for building the next generation of hybrid fulfillment centers that power Prime Now and Amazon Fresh, as well as, Whole Foods and 3P.
At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• 2+ years of experience developing, releasing, and supporting high quality mobile apps
• For Android: Expert knowledge of Kotlin. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, Android SDK performance tools, and Security. Experience with Coroutines highly desirable
• For iOS: Expert knowledge of Swift. Experience with Xcode and other associated tools. Experience with SwiftUI and Combine highly desirable
• Working knowledge of large-scale service-oriented patterns (AWS preferred)
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top