Software Development Engineer- Mobile Business Development
Amazon Mobile is one of our fastest growing businesses focused on the mobile ecosystem. The Amazon Mobile Business Development team is responsible for creating distribution and partnership opportunities for Amazon's mobile applications and services (Amazon Mobile Shopping, Video, Music, Kindle, and Prime) on multiple mobile platforms, on hundreds of millions of devices in worldwide markets. We leverage Amazon's collective assets to secure distribution on smartphones and tablets with partnerships nearly every tier one mobile operator and OEM, across the globe.
The Mobile Business development team is seeking an experienced software development engineer to lead development of a new system that will be used by multiple Amazon businesses through the mobile wireless ecosystem. This new system that will be built on mobile platform and will provide the opportunity to work with cross functional teams across Amazon. The role provides provides high visibility and the opportunity to work with both Amazon internal teams as well as external customers.
- Develop high quality maintainable code
- Participate in design discussions
- Execute projects and develop against an outlined design
- Collaborate across team boundaries with other teams
- Communicate issues and technical roadblocks effectively
- Ability to navigate through a large complex codebase
- 4+ years of software development experience in Java
- Knowledge of Android Studio and associated tools like Gradle
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (Android)
- Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps or mobile services you've developed.
- Proficiency in object oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of software development
- Experience developing high quality, large scale consumer applications
- Experience developing hybrid native/HTML mobile applications
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top