Software Development Engineer - Mobile
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in inventing experiences that will benefit customers shopping in Amazon's physical stores? We are looking for an experienced mobile engineer to charter continued innovation on behalf of Amazon's physical retail business.
As a mobile expert on the team, you will drive the design and development of innovative, high volume mobile applications (iOS & Android) for shopping experiences in our physical stores. You will also partner with other fullstack engineers for the client and server side integration. You will be working in an agile environment with a team of engineers, product managers and UX designers where you will have many opportunities to expand your areas of knowledge and to mentor in your areas of expertise.
We're looking for engineering leaders who share our passion for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in mobile app, HCI, distributed systems, algorithms, and who love writing great code. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• For Android: Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security.
• For iOS: Expert knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift. Experience with Xcode and other associated tools.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering exceptional User Experience
• Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
• Web Services and cloud experience as it relates to mobile apps
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
#SNA-F3-SDE2 #SNA-PSF3- SDE2 #F3- SDE2 #PSF3- SDE2 #F3-IA #F3-HDC #F3-LINZ
Back to top