Software Development Engineer - ML, NLP, Big Data, Knowledge Graphs
- New York, NY
As a leader in e-commerce, Amazon is building an authoritative knowledge base for every product in the world. With hundreds of millions of customers and billions of products, Amazon will offer a challenging but fun journey to turn this big and rapidly changing data into high-quality knowledge to impact customer experiences across Amazon.
As a member of the product knowledge team, based in NYC, you will play a key role in the establishment of a new platform, with opportunities to create enormous benefit for our customers and Amazon. You will take academic research from theory to production implementation by overcoming performance, scalability, and resiliency challenges. You should enjoy optimization through rapid experimentation, have extremely high standards, and strong ability to implement in the face of ambiguity. Expertise in specialized areas such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Graph Processing, Search, or Recommendation Systems is desired.
• Build a robust and scalable platform that will enable a large volume of data to be processed and efficiently accessed.
• Work with some truly cutting edge ideas and technology: Applying the latest in machine learning research to solving very large scale problems.
• Influence decisions in choosing the right technology to build components.
• Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve interesting and useful problems in a fun, collaborative environment.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 5+ years of Software Development experience;
• Proven track record of building large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems and software products
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise building data pipelines, Experience with AWS EMR, Athena, Sagemaker
• Experience on big data processing like Apache Spark
• Experience on graph database like AWS Neptune with SPARQL
• Strong business and technical vision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top