Software Development Engineer - ML / Big Data / Prime
- Santa Monica, CA
Have you ever dreamed about being part of a fun smart team that builds a world-class e-commerce platform spearheading innovative technology based solutions to crack the paradox of choice for hundreds of millions of shoppers all over the world?
At Amazon we are obsessed with reinventing shopping experience on behalf of our customers, introducing them to new programs and products using seamlessly integrated technology behind the scenes. Our mission is to put each customer at center of the universe and deliver an effective 1:1 personalization experience across all Amazon channels and devices. Today we are solving this world-class problem with the latest and greatest technology ranging from ultra-scalable AWS big-data and compute platforms, API services fleet capable of 100,000+ TPS, to real-time, low-latency model that tracks customer histories and recommends the best products, services and benefits. We are also integrating machine learning (ML) technology to increase the system performance and efficacy to a new level.
We are expanding our engineering team and looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building the high quality software systems to deliver our customers the best-of-industry shopping experience. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with many talented team members in business strategy, product development, software engineering, and business intelligence. You should have great problem solving skills, and confidence in learning and growing your skills in many AWS technologies, including EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, SageMaker ML, Redshift Spectrum, DynamoDB, Aurora, Spark, EC2, S3 and many others. You love keeping abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate. You should also have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering resilient production ready products. This is a job in high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will have a unique opportunity to create and build the products and systems that drive direct, measurable impacts to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
• Proficiency in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
• Knowledge of modern programming languages such as Java, C++ or C#.
• 3+ years of software development experience required.
• Experience with distributed computing and building highly scalable systems.
• Experience with high performance and scalable web service design and implementation.
• Experience with both relational and No-SQL database such as DynamoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
• Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment.
• Composed, poised, and professional demeanor.
• Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Vocally self-critical.
• Experience in developing customer personalization solutions is a huge plus.
• Experience in using popular AWS technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift Spectrum, EC2, S3.
• Experience in adopting machine learning technology such as AWS SageMaker.
• Experience in using big data platform and tools such as AWS EMR.
• Experience in designing and building high-volume, high-performance orchestrated and resilient backend processes.
• Experience in building React web applications is desirable.
• Passion for performance tuning, profiling and benchmarking.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top