Software Development Engineer, Misclassification detection and Reclassification
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) builds the systems that host and run the world's largest e-Commerce products catalog. Within this organization the Browse Misclassification Detection and Reclassification team is seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer for designing and implement solutions in Product Classification. The problem space consists on developing systems capable of identifying outliers in Amazon catalog and reclassifying them into the Amazon Catalog at high precision, scaling across marketplaces and languages.
You will build distributed systems that are partially or entirely powered by AI and ML. The system will be responsible for detection of misclassified items, reclassifying them using ML models and scaling human tasks through active learning, building applications for analyzing product composition, mining product signals such as images, text and unstructured data to drive true understanding of product knowledge. Our mission is to ensure that customers browsing or searching always find the right products in the right destinations for navigation and discovery purposes.
We are seeking an outstanding Software Engineer to help build and support a cutting edge business platform, analytics and predictive models programs. Our primary users, an international team of taxonomists and developers, are responsible for customer-facing product navigation on global Amazon retail websites.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or 2+ additional years work experience)
-4+ years relevant professional development experience, preferably in a LINUX environment
- Proficiency in Java, C++, or C#
- Experience with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, EMR (Amazon Elastic Map Reduce)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong skills in data structures, algorithms and object oriented design
- History of delivering high quality production systems/services
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- Exposure to column-oriented databases such as Amazon Redshift and - NoSQL databases such as Amazon DynamoDB
- Knowledge in Machine Learning, natural language processing, data mining, or information extraction
- Familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of and expertise in software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with users, technical teams, and management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top