Software Development Engineer - Microservices
- Seattle, WA
Offer and Catalog Services are core to Amazon.com websites serving millions of requests per second at single digit millisecond latency. We provide authoritative product and purchase data such as availability and price to client facing experiences. Our team owns software running in a distributed, highly performant, and highly available micro-service computing system containing billions of records.
Our clients are hundreds of internal clients, businesses that contribute to the Amazon.com website and other customer interfaces such as Kindle and Alexa . We provide design and consultation across Amazon to enable these business use-cases at Amazon.com's scale.
We are looking for Software Developers with at least 3 years of experience in distributed systems to join our team! Our team has built up a sophisticated support network for career growth and operations. You will work with several senior and principal engineers on a regular basis. We maintain a high bar for operational and engineering excellence, which helps keep our operational load manageable. Our engineers are customer-focused and detail-oriented. We are a fun loving team with a collaborative and supportive culture.
The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience. You should have a thorough understanding of Internet protocols and experience implementing high scale services on Java, C#, C++, or similar language. You should be somebody who enjoys working on owning software services, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals
• Development experience with programming languages such as C, C++, C#, or Java
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top