Position location: Seattle, WA
About our Team:
Come join us and redefine how nearly every team at Amazon builds services. In the Managed Resources team you will affect how Amazon developers interact with the infrastructure needed for their production system. With a delightful customer experience and Amazon's peculiar requirements in mind, the Managed Resources team is building a brand new experience for enabling engineers create and manage their service's underlying infrastructure including hosts, secrets, databases, and more.
We're aiming to provide a fully managed customer experience for our existing large userbase. The systems and services we're building will have a tremendous impact on speed-to-delivery and release safety of new and existing services and features across the whole company. Your customers will come from all parts of the company and you'll have opportunities to learn and influence their products and how they build customer experiences.
If you enjoy working on challenging problems with huge impact to the business as a whole and seeing a project evolve from its birth, the Managed Resources team is for you!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 3+ years software development experience.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline; in lieu of this degree, relevant work experience will be considered
• Exhibit a strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, preferably in devops, continuous delivery, or infrastructure automation
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and non-technical leaders
• Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems
• Possess expertise delivering projects with Agile methodologies
• Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, committed to getting things done
• Composed, poised and professional demeanor
• Willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done
• Well-timed tenacity and conviction
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us