Software Development Engineer (Machine Learning) - International Search
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Are you obsessed with solving challenging problems? Do you have exceptional software engineering skills? Are you interested into Search Engine Technologies and Document Retrieval? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your skills, your software, and your organization?
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Software Development Engineer to join our International Search team. You will:
• Process and analyze large amounts of data to discover patterns, find opportunities, and contribute to seize these opportunities,
• Work closely with Machine Learning experts to identify improvements and remove obstacles that keep the team from performing at its best,
• Work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done,
• Act as a technical leader, mentoring and growing more junior engineers.
Our team is located in our headquarters in Luxembourg, in the heart of Europe.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 2+ years relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years application development experience using any modern language.
• Expert in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
• Experience building and improving complex software systems for end users.
• Experience with Big Data, NoSQL, Map-Reduce.
• Solid knowledge of software engineering best practices.
• Experience or interest in Document Retrieval (indexing), Search Engine Technologies (e.g. Lucene), or Document Understanding (Natural Language Processing) is desirable but not mandatory.
• Understanding of traditional ML techniques.
• Experience with large distributed and multi-threaded systems
• Knowledge of several natural languages is a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top