Would you like to drive the technology for the Big Data and ML architecture and systems that monitor, analyze, predict and report on some of the largest telemetry and cloud hardware systems in the world?
AWS Hardware is looking for a Software Development Engineer to drive the technology development responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the services and infrastructure within AWS Hardware Data Science and Analytics. You will be responsible for building the systems/services supporting operations, quality, health, machine learning, and analytics associated with AWS cloud hardware across the globe.
AWS Hardware is responsible for designing, qualifying, and maintaining server solutions for AWS and its customers as well as developing new cloud focused hardware solutions. AWS Hardware provides the underlying server management infrastructure used by every server in Amazon, from EC2 to S3 to DynamoDB and beyond. Consequently, AWS Hardware owns some of the most sophisticated software anywhere, including firmware and back-end service infrastructure. Optimizing the dynamics of ever-changing environmental conditions, monitored with millions upon millions of sensors, is a massive challenge, and we love it!
One of the many challenges presented in this role is to be able to design, build, and maintain the systems which capture, persist, vend, and stream big data for analytics and machine learning business uses and applications for our customers.
We are looking for a CUSTOMER-OBSESSED, TEAM-DRIVEN, RESULT-ORIENTED, SDE to take our big data, analytics, and machine learning services to the next level of scale, availability, and performance. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the business. Become part of this unique opportunity to make history defining the evolution of cloud computing.
As a Software Developer at Amazon, you understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs, take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance, and you make things simpler. You will work with your team to invent, design and build software that is stable and performant. You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to use them (and when it is not).
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development
- 2+ years working with large-scale big data systems that perform complex event processing, machine learning, analytics, feedback control, IoT, monitoring/telemetry, and/or data mining
- 2+ years working on architecturally significant projects from inception through launch, including communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and produce technical designs
- 3+ years using computer science fundamentals (OO design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving)
- Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Programming skills and computer science fundamentals (OO design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving)
- Hands-on experience developing AWS services
- Hands-on experience or leading teams developing real-time analytics and machine learning systems
- Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role