Software Development Engineer -- Luxembourg
- Perth, Australia
Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and been amazed at how fast you receive it? Every day, Amazon engineers are relentlessly working to decrease the time between clicking and delivery for our customers. The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) organization owns all of the software and infrastructure that powers Amazon's world-class fulfillment centers, including the fundamental data and services that drive our catalog and inventory systems. These systems underlie everything we do - tens of millions of items in the catalog, hundreds of millions of items of inventory, and billions of transactions each year!
AFT is at the forefront of combining HCD, technology, process optimizations, workflow models, sensors etc. to solve complex operational and fulfillment problems. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, optimization techniques, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low , high availability services.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you - come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
A successful candidate for this position will be able to build new software from the ground up, create pragmatic solutions for complex business problems, enjoy working closely with operations staff to optimize physical processes, and be willing to occasionally travel to Amazon fulfillment centers around the world. If you are a strong software engineer with a wide range of skills and interests then we want to talk to you.
• Programming experience in and deep understanding of object-oriented design.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• At least 3+ years work experience in a related field
• Solid expertise in data structures and algorithms
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle or DynamoDB
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
• Experience with building systems
• Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
• Strong problem solving skills with understanding of heuristics and workflow based systems
• Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies
• Development experience of using primary Amazon Web Services e.g. Amazon and DynamoDB
• Unix or Linux experience
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top