Software Development Engineer, LMT Emerging Business & Technology
- Bellevue, WA
Amazon Last Mile Technology is the team that enables super-fast delivery for Amazon. We build products and technology that enables the stations and drivers to deliver your packages, food, and restaurant deliveries from their last stop to your home. We need talented software development engineers to join several new initiatives.
The Special Programs team works on new businesses and new initiatives across Amazon's Last Mile.
As a key member of the Last Mile Tech - Special Programs engineering team, you will own the back-end technology for packages on the move. You will be solving complex problems, and working on difficult challenges in software engineering as the scale and suite of our services grow. You will be responsible for engineering new services and features that will shape how delivery evolves here at Amazon. You will be part of a new team charged with creating a unique service to empower Amazon to enhance our delivery experience. Join us, design and implement micro services that focuses on engagement and management systems for our Last Mile of global deliveries.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 4+ years developing Web Services as well as designing and working with API contracts across the stack
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Completed Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
• Experience building highly scalable and available services
• Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and create innovative solutions regularly
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top