Software Development Engineer (Level 5)
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for innovative engineers to form the core of a newly expanding application development team. This organization has the charter to build software that will revolutionize the support business by empowering the engineers and representatives who assist AWS' customers at all levels to provide unparalleled service and insight. When AWS Services goes down, our team provides the tooling that enables the response.
Our number one goal is to allow AWS customers and Support to discover relevant information efficiently to reduce customers' effort to engage with AWS Support. The team owns an internal CRM platform for Support and reporting infrastructure. We are working on externalizing these services to allow our customers to self-serve the data discovery needs. You will own the execution of that plan, delivering applications incrementally for your customers by obsessing over their needs.
As part of the team, you will have opportunities to mentor and coach other engineers. You will have access to Principal and Senior Engineers to help you on this new journey and grow your skills. By joining early on, you will get to influence the design choices. Do you like Python over Java or prefer Node.js to Ruby? This is your chance to make the business value case for the best technology to build with before it becomes entrenched in "what we use" or "how we do things."
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• 3+ years of experience taking a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
• Ability to think big and help innovate in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with UI development and building innovative user experiences.
• Understanding of system design, distributed systems, serverless computing, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
• Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with building and maintaining API's.
• Knowledge and prior use of AWS services
• Proven experience in being innovative, flexible and self-directed.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top